I use a laptop as my main computer because I need to be able to work wherever I am. I don’t always have a live internet connection, so I need an offline blog editor to be able to blog at any time. I am using Qumana.
- http://www.qumana.com (win xp/mac os x)
I looked at several other options, and tried two:
- QTM –http://qtm.blogistan.co.uk/ (win xp/mac os x/linux/*nix)
- Journaler – http://journler.com/ (mac os x)
Qumana did what I wanted it to, and it is free! I’m especially happy with Qumana because it’s a cross platform java application, so I can recommend it as a Teacher’s Resource.
There were a few others that looked possible, but until I’ve been at this for long enough, I don’t know what I need/want. Perhaps I’ll revisit one of these professional (pay) options:
- Ecto – http://ecto.kung-foo.tv/ (mac os x)
- MarsEdit – http://www.red-sweater.com/marsedit/ (mac os x)